Monday, December 27, 2004

I GOT THE POST CHRISTMAS BLUES...

well... not exactly. I don't actually. I'm feeling pretty fine, meaning not bad, and that's all I ask these days. It's personal, so please don't ask... But it has nothing to do with Christmas. The only thing I feel right now and it's somehow related to Christmas is boredom. I woke up and decided i didn't want to go to work. So, I put an old Blue Nile album on the cd player and started doing my chores... I washed the bathroom, changed my bedroom sheets, gathered up all the magazines in one corner and.... well, ok, if you haven't seen my place, then you couldn't possibly know what A MESS means. And I did no wonders - it is still a mess, but a fine mess whatsoever, hehehe... However, time passed by and i couldn't pretend any more - I had to come to the office or call in sick. I did the former and now I am bloody bored. Because the minute I walked out my appartment, I sensed that this city has continuous hangovers, belly aches and turkey side effects [aka pills, thrills and headaches anyone?]. The bus was late [oh, I don't mind, I am always on foot], people were not rushing [now that's a first for Athenians] and for the last four hours or so... the phone is not ringing like crazy [now that's... strange!!!] But I am here, and I am so bored... I almost wish an annoying journalist from the North would call me to catch up - yes, THAT bad...
Don't ask me why but, right now, I am listening to the deluxe double cd edition of The Phantom Of The Opera soundtrack - it's pompous, it's full of bravado's, it's flamboyant, it's pseudo-operatic, it's... terrible, actually! But I am going to see the movie tonight, cause a friend of mine [yes, she's a lady, obviously], asked me so but if it's at least half as boring as the soundtrack, then... I honestly don't know what a poor guy should ask in exchange... - hey, don't be naughty, I have no such motives!!! :-)
Anyhoo, the reason why i am writing all this is because two blog friends of mine kind of blackmail me for being...indifferent towards my blog updates... Problem is I work too hard, so there is no time for me to concentrate and post sth worthwile.
But as my friend G. [Spot is his surname] has a way of pushing me to the limit of...not being able to say no... hands down, I surrender and here I am mumbling with no point or any grace at all. And they got me thinking, because they are both supposed to write about their lives, whereas I write about somenone's life. Could me mine, could be yours, could be the guy-next-door's or around the corner or at the dark end of the street. But it's not typically mine you know... Mine would be boring. Pointless. Sad. Even pathetic. But it wouldn't deserve a blog.
Fuck, I'm so bored... I just wanna do three things right now. 1. Leave, 2. Spend 90 euros on something, 3. Sort things out with E. [e's & wizz, haha]
I am afraid all I can do is just switch on to disc number 2 from The Phantom Of The Opera... At least it's free.

2 Comments:

Blogger yk said...

In sleep he sang to me
In dreams he came
That voice which calls to me
And speaks my name
And do I dream again?
For now I find
The phantom of the opera is there,
Inside my mind...

5:12 AM

 
Blogger Hector Drone said...

I am shocked.
I just found out that Music Supervisor and Conductor of the soundtrack is Simon Lee. If I am not wrong [and i am never wrong] he is the elder of the Lee Brothers, of Faze Action fame... Bloddy hell!!! Now I have to keep this deluxe edition for collector's reasons...
Bad luck, hehehe

6:39 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home