Monday, December 27, 2004

THE MOTHER OF ALL LISTS

You can forget about magazines, radio stations, fellow bloggers, and BLAGGERS ITA [oops, lapsus linguae...].
I can't wait to launch my site, so here are all the music thrills you must seek in order not to miss a single great release of a year that's slowly dying...
Well, I don't have the time or the clear mind to remember all titles, but I sure as hell can remember the following:
Me listening to the discman twenty times in a row Franz Ferdinand's Take Me Out and then getting blown away by their live show in Athens a couple of months later.
Singing Ordinary Boy's Just A Song in the street and thinking "what a great lyric!!!"
Playing in all my dj sets Killers' Somebody Told Me because it's the best Duran Duran comeback song ever!!!
Got my speakers stuffed with Crystal Method's phat beats!!!
Anticipating The Blue Nile's fourth album, HIGH - got it early July, listening to it non stop - still don't know if I love it because it's excellent, or because I knew I'd love it all along...
Turning the world upside down to locate one bloody copy of Frankie Goes To Hollywood double cd anthology for all the adventurous remixes and melting each time The Power Of Love begins with these mellow Anne Dudley string arrangements...
Going to sleep every night with Coldplay's live playing in the background...
Trusting my metalhead friend K. and purchasing Karl Sanders' [guitarist for the metal band Nile] solo album, where he explores the musical tradition of the East... What a journey it is...
Re-evaluating Depeche Mode and filling some gaps just because they're her favourite band.
Being in awe when Tom Cruise gets to slaughter at least twenty Koreans and some more minorities in the famous Collateral club scene. Paul Oakenfold's Ready, Steady, Go! never sounded that good!!!
Paying 20.20 euros to obtain a copy of The Dears' debut, "No Cities Left" and discovering the new Blur!!!
Shopping & fucking
Sikose to to gamimeno
Getting away with murder. Riddick being my middle name...
Listening to A Perfect Circle covering Depeche Mode's People Are People. What a cover!!!
Jumping around with Can't Stand Me Now by The Libertines
John Frusciante's Goals and Colour Of Fire's Linkin Park meets Muse enthusiasm!!!
Her sighs when we were making love. The sound of safety, calmness and happiness that only I could listen when she fell asleep into my arms. The sound of my heart each time I bump into her now... The sound of her voice, when she's lying that she's fine...
Charlie Clouser's industrial score for SAW! I mean... WOW!!!!!!!!!!
Jeff Buckley's reissue of "Grace" [I mean, have you listened to the instrumental version of Dream Brother? - it's as close to musical perfection as it can get...]
Moby's Extreme Ways @ the final scene of The Bourne Supremacy
Keane's debut. Yes, they're mainstream - what's wrong with that?
BLACK HEART PROCESSION's Life Moves On With Mistakes... Whatever gets you through the night...
Diana Ross' Ain't No Mountain High Enough. She brought it to me [E, not Diana]. A 4cd box set. The lyrics are unbelievable. You can't help but wondering - can one really love that strong? I think I can. And my life's not a song. It's much more depressing and difficult - and than God, it seems it's going to last more than three and a half minutes...
Listening to Red Hot Chili Peppers in a Hilton room with a great view the first day of the year. They got some pre-set alnums on TV, and you can buy them for as long as you stay there - not bad for an idea. And we had a great time...
The violin solos on The Village, accompanying one of the best confessions-of-love ever: Why don't you ever say what's on your mind? - And why you're always saying what's on yours?... What a line...
The Stills' Still In Love Song
The Streets' Dry Your Eyes
Unisex's Pigs & Their Farms
Playing Rufus on our radio show and getting asked at least five times a day "what's that amazing song?" That was "What A World" and yes, it was amazing...
The list could be endless. Dj Krush, Troublemakers, The Closer "lost album", Bark Psychosis, and way too many to mention here... Be aware, though: a full list will be uploaded early the new year on my musical website. Coming soon...
Thanx 4 listening

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home