Thursday, February 24, 2005

blog's gone pro

I am very excited. This is the first post I was commissioned to write. At last, two months after this blog’s debut, someone recognizes my talent and asks me to write something. Actually, that was my goal in the first place: to be commercial, to earn money out of this. That’s why I post my friends’ heartbreaking stories, that’s my I try to create an articulate and mysterious image about myself, that’s why I don’t disclose anything in MY PROFILE link, that’s why I am willing to sell out just in order to succeed!!!
So, a small step for the blog world, a giant leap forward for my bank account. Thank you very much in advance Katerina!!!

Well, here’s how the story went…

YK passed by the office to pick me up. He paid his dues, took his goody bag, gave me a present from Berlin and… off we went…
- Where to?
- To the Grand Britain lobby. There, at the bar.
- Oh, fine. I hope the treat’s on you
- You’d wish
- Hardcore Arena wrote a new post, back from the grave…
- Yeah, I know… I bumped into him when I got out of the tube. He was holding a peacock feather… It would strike me as weird if it were for anyone else…
- Yup, that was him alright. But he is soooooooo funny. The other day we were talking about music and I said: “I hate blues music! It’s just for losers. I hate these «oh baby why d’ya treat me this way, while I deserve to be treated with respect» lyrics. I only have 25 blues records. 25! Among a total of 45.000!!!” And, smoothly as always, he remarked “Well, that’s 25 more blues records than I got!!!”
- Yes, he’s funny

A couple of more…erm, funny dialogues later, we were entering GB lobby. And that was when yk said “Oh, I forgot, I hope u don’t mind. I told the girls we would meet them here”
- What girls?
- Oops, I forgot about that, didn’t I?
- What girls? Oh, hello lady L, hello Catherine!!!
- That girls!
- Phew… For a moment there…
- Consider it to be a double date…
- Ok, which one is my date?
- What about me?
- I’ll pass…

So we sat there. The four of us.
The youngest was 27. The oldest 36. And the in-between… 31.
Now… some numbers to spice up your imagination...
50% had just arrived from Berlin
100% work in the movie business
25% work for an international company
75% have worked for Athens International Film Festival
25% have worked for Rockwave Festival
75% like guys, not women
75% have wore, at least once, women’s lingerie… [surprise: not the same 75%]
0% is virgin
100% appreciate good music
75% have been in the United States
25% were on a diet
25% ordered some sweets [not the same 25%]
50% drank gin & tonic
75% live by themselves
25% live with their soul mate
0% thought of a foursome [!!!]
0% was happy when a famous tv persona with a gay beard came in uninvited

but it was fun anyway…

And then a new entry came along and the numbers changed but… oh, never mind!!!

Topics we tried to discuss but were not so focused so as not to change subjects every three minutes:
· film festivals
· clint eastwood
· berlin’s delicatessen
· women’s underwear
· e-mails
· blogs
· strange, yellow, spiky fruits with exotic names
· german waitresses
· back & forth, I’d take you both
· blond hair
· film producers
· bus hostages & bus pirates
· butts and but’s
· I never invite you because…
· [low] wages
· the declaration of independence
· box
· common friends
· press screenings
· a famous tv persona with a gay beard [the one who showed up just minutes after that]. Correction: a famous gay tv persona with a beard more like it…
· my best man’s marriage
· the Tom Cruise look-alike from Fame Story III
· macademia & chocolate

When the piano player started to earn his living, we got up. Outside, the cold wind gave us a welcome-to-reality boost. The National Front was protesting against the immigrants who were protesting against the Nation who was just sitting back and watched. We passed them by. yk said goodbye and turned left, obviously to point out his political beliefs. We turned right, just because we had parked there…
A guy in a motorbike was listening to Thanos Petrelis. But very loud! Really really loud!!! And his speakers were full of this ex Fame Story meets Phoebus sound… And he was singing, “My blood, blue like the sky” etc.. And just ten meters away hundreds of people were ready to kill each other. The girls laughed. I told them that the guy on the motorbike was nothing more [or less, for that matter] than just the average sample of their future mate choices. They stopped laughing. I think that must have been when I said goodbye as well…

5 Comments:

Blogger boyblue said...

κουφαλίτθα!
i liked this...suits my short attention span...
καλημέρα?

1:16 AM

 
Blogger Dave said...

this blog is way interesting. great to see a gem amongst the horde of crap out there now :)

10:09 PM

 
Blogger Hector Drone said...

thank you HA! Good 2 have u back, even as a... commentator. Well, I guess tomorrow's the big day, right?
Dear Dave, welcome to my...erm... blog. Thanx 4 the nice words. Checked yours. left a couple of pointless comments. We should "talk" about music pretty soon.
Thanx again
catch up later
cheers

2:20 AM

 
Blogger Hector Drone said...

Yup, quite logical. It was an inside hint, actually... One of the girls told me I should document that nice evening by writing a new post about it, so I thought that might as well be the start of a new profession for me. Still waiting for that check, though...

P.S. Thanx 4 the "all that" part!

10:29 PM

 
Blogger Hector Drone said...

No offence taken... I'm just a wise-ass, that's all, so I always wanna have sth to nag nag nag about... :-/
Thanx 4 the comments Steph!

11:31 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home