Tuesday, February 15, 2005

hero my arse

He did nothing.
He just locked away his cell phone.
Went out, drank his guts and tried to numb himself.
I guess he did that.
But nothing more.
And numb is not enough.
Because there’s always tomorrow.
And the day after.
And she’s out there somewhere but he’s not after her.
That’s just not fair.
And a couple of minutes ago, he called me to say all that.
What was he expecting really? Was I supposed to say “Oh, it’s ok, nevermind, as long as you’re fine about it…”
Because, thing is, HE IS NOT FINE ABOUT IT! And if I am to take it to a personal level, it’s me who’s gonna be waken up again in the future by post midnight phone calls, drunken mumblings, sobbings and re-runs!!! But I’ve seen that movie before and it sucks.
So, what I told him, after a moment of total silence, was a very minimal, cruel but fair thing to say…
“Really? Hats off, mate! I’m really proud of you. Yes, most probably, she wouldn’t fall for your pathetic begging, she wouldn’t just kiss you passionately and forget about everything, she wouldn’t say with tears in her eyes that she thought you’d never tried to reach her again. No, most probably, she wouldn’t. But now… she certainly don’t. So, really, if that’s ok with you… fine by me. Just don’t ever mention her to me again. Is that clear?”
“Whose side are you on?”, he asked, pretty confident, however, I wouldn’t dignify that with an answer – which I didn’t. I hung up, took my coat and went out.
Fucking hell! It almost feels nice to know there are others… worse than us, doesn’t it?

2 Comments:

Blogger DanaiShips said...

It does. It's a kind of perverded self-reassurance. But then again, it's easy to criticize when you're not the one actually suffering (ok, you're suffering from inadequate sleeping hours but that doesn't count!). Finding the guts to express one's self is probably the hardest thing since leaving the trees for the ground...

9:34 AM

 
Blogger Hector Drone said...

Disagree.
Not the hardest.
The bravest, yes.
Not that hard.
Especially if u r a man.
It doesn't take guts.
If u really know what you want, then the only hard thing is not to claim it.
U suffer when u let it slip away.
How difficult can it really be?
Just... don't look down.
And you might as well leave all heroisms for the later stages. Boy, u r going to need plenty of those...

9:54 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home