Monday, January 31, 2005

the lion sleeps tonight

smirnoff black. lcd soundsystem. she sells sanctuary. she's in parties. emerge. take your hair out of the ashtray please. cool black shirt. i can't see anyone else smiling in here. it's 02.30 somewhere. ice. lemon slice. shoppping & fucking. you are so full of yourself. numb. don't go. even better than the real thing. we are so fucked up. tears. i am the only one to blame. hush hush. snoring. early morning wake up... ringtone. subway. no music. screenings. lights out. cold outside. nice. makes you feel less numb. that's a welcome feeling. back @ the office. a mountain to climb. tell me how am i supposed 2...

I'm waist deep, waist deep in the mist
It's almost like, almost like i don't exist
I'm twenty miles out of town in cold irons

The walls of pride are high and wide
Can't see over to the other side
It's such a sad thing to see beauty decay
It's sadder still to feel your heart torn away

One look at you and I'm out of control
Like the universe has swallowed me whole
I'm twenty miles out of town in cold irons bound

There's too many people, too many to recall
I thought some of'm were friends of mine, I was wrong about'm all
Well, the road is rocky and the hillside's mud
Up over my head nothing but clouds of blood

Oh, the winds in this city have torn me to shreds
Reality has always had too many heads
Some things last longer than you think they will
There are some kind of things you can never kill

It's you and you only I been thinking about
But you can't see it and it's hard lookin' out
I'm twenty miles out of town in cold irons bound

5 Comments:

Blogger DanaiShips said...

Ok, probably you'll make fun of me but...is this yours?

1:28 AM

 
Blogger Hector Drone said...

Nope... It's Dylan's. But you couldn't tell the difference, right?

:-)

P.S. I wouldn't make fun of you dear. Why on earth did you say sth like that?

5:52 AM

 
Blogger DanaiShips said...

Gee,let me think...Because you're ironic, sarcastic and tend to criticize people just for the fun of it. And to think...I don't really know you!

P.S. It still is a lovely poem. I have a similar in my blog. In case you fancied a visit...

8:04 AM

 
Blogger l'esprit de l'escalier said...

Δεν θέλω να διακόψω το λεπτοφυές ενσταντανέ, αλλά αισθάνομαι την ανάγκη να σε ενημερώσω, andrea zax, ότι, την τελευταία φορά που κάποιος κατηγόρησε τον Hector Drone γραπτώς, δέχτηκε δριμύα επίθεση από τον τελευταίο μέσα στο ίδιο του το blog (όχι του Hector, το δικό του). Κι εγώ τώρα, να ξέρεις, ρισκάρω άλλη μια κατσάδα για πάρτη σου: πού ξέρεις, μπορεί να του τη βιδώσει και να με ξεχέσει που γράφω ελληνικά! Με τη συνείδησή μου όμως ήσυχη τώρα πια, θα αποχωρήσω και θα σας αφήσω να συνεχίστε την κουβέντα (ή να στήσετε καβγά τρικούβερτο).

5:51 PM

 
Blogger Hector Drone said...

Now give me a moment to think about it... Evita K accused me of being so full of myselaf, whereas andrea zax just noticed that I am ironic, sarcastic and make fun of other people. The former is nothing but a product of your imagination dear E. The latter is just a fact everyone knows. So, as you may easily understand, I have no reason to "attack" a lady as gentle and sweet as Andrea Zax. On the other hand... I think it's high time I published one more agressive comment on your own personal blog. Believe, me you deserve every single word...

12:24 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home