Wednesday, February 02, 2005

pineapple princess

There’s some pineapple juice in my fridge.
I haven’t opened it yet.
It’s not my cup of tea, to be honest [obviously it would be a cup of pineapple juice, but don’t blame me for any stupid set phrase there is, ok?].
But it’s there, waiting to be opened, I guess. That’s why it exists. To be drunk. But it won’t. Not anytime soon at least. And as I kept on staring at it this morning, it crossed my mind that it’s going to stay there, at the fridge’s self much more than I wished, or expected. It’s going to stay there longer than it should. Hopelessly waiting. While somewhere out there, glasses are going to be filled up with pineapple juice – but not my glasses and not with that particular juice.
Funny thing is I don’t have many things in my fridge. Mostly cold mineral water, some cheese, yogurt, fruits, a couple of smart drinks, butter, eggs… you know, bachelor’s stuff. But even when the fridge’s completely empty, the cardboard juice is there, still standing, still waiting, still “fresh” and unopened… Somehow, you could say it’s the guard of the fridge. It watches things, silently, patiently, in its own discreet way. It doesn’t interfere, it doesn’t cry out for attention. So I respect it for that. But even if I run out of water, even if I find myself thirsty as hell, even if someone promises me all the money in the world if I manage to drink it at once… I won’t.
Its place is there and… you know what? I plan on buying another one. And I’ll do that, as soon as I make sure that the original one won’t be thrown away. As you may have established by now, its purpose is to be consumed. My dear pineapple juice… you will and that’s a promise. But you don't want me to be the one who'll do the honors, right? We all know you can do better than that...

4 Comments:

Blogger yk said...

next thing you know, you start talking to the juice...
and the next thing after that, he starts replying...
the funny thing is, out of his little pineapple mouth deep profound truths are spoken...
but there is a price...
for all the wisdom the juice has offered you, he asks a favor...
he asks you to shoot the president...
you know you have no other choice...

2:40 AM

 
Blogger Temporary Alien said...

The juice is a SHE, silly, and the blog is allegorical, right? Oh, I know I am not right, but I just love it when we English majors see symbols everywhere!!!

3:32 AM

 
Blogger DanaiShips said...

What's wrong with Woody Allen, anyway? I think it's good that out beloved host has something to look forward to. ok, maybe pineapple juice is not your first choice, but then again, very few of us end up with our first vhoice, do they? So, treat your pineapple juice (wether it's a she or a he or both)with care, and handle with love. It may be all you're left with...
P.S. Sorry for the "sarcastic", "ironic", "making fun of people" staff. It really is none of my business (but then again, this blog is none of my business as well, but I do comment, don't I?)

7:44 AM

 
Blogger Hector Drone said...

No worries about the comments. You are not misunderstood. On the contrary, you are more than welcome to publish whatever you like. And, just for the record, I don't need special invitation to browse at yours. I do that anyway, as I like your posts...
Now, as far as the pineapple thing goes, dear bloggers... it's so nice that it got you exchanging all these nice thoughts, but I am afraid I am not so cinematic or witty either. Deep down, the naked truth is way too simple for all of us gifted individuals to focus on... But... enough of that. Let's get loud, shall we?

8:35 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home