Friday, August 26, 2005

brother, you should spare a dimmer

They're called The Zincs. They're from Chicago but expatriated and British based [bonus points for that alone]. Their singer has another band as well, Sophia. I've been listening constantly to their second album, "Dimmer" on the infamous label Thrill Jockey, and, for the last month or so, I thought that it was excellent BUT... there was something missing.

Since mid day, it's raining non stop... Now, I am listening to it again. I take a look out of the window. Raindrops keep falling all over the place... I think I just found out the missing element!

Do yourself a favour, if you are into Spain, Tindersticks, Leonard Cohen, Freakwater or even Chris Isaak [...], get your copy now!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Rainman said...

I love Sophia and from your description I am convinced I am going to love this band. I hope I will manage to find their cd at my local record store one of these days(I never find what I am looking for lately). I will listen to them and let you know :-)

6:47 AM

 
Blogger Dave said...

did you look into Cog? they sound like they'd kick this little man's proverbial bitch british ass to the floor. look into them. aussie band - new labum is called "The New Normal" do it. you know you want to. DO IT!

6:00 AM

 
Blogger ilias n. said...

helpless case; εγώ;
γιατί δηλαδή; επειδή χτες το απόγευμα έβαλα την 4χρονη ανηψιά μου να ακούσει ολόκληρο το "Love Bites" των Buzzcocks από αγνή περιέργια να δω πώς θα αντιδράσει; do you call that "helpless case";

6:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home