Monday, January 17, 2005

[just another] Manic Monday

Kate Moss is turning 31 today. I’m wondering whether Vanessa Paradis will call to say “happy birthday” or “I’m sending him back as a birthday present” or sth…
And it’s not really a manic Monday but you have to go after catchy post titles, haven’t you? It’s a competitive world and everything counts… So… bugger off you other bloggers! I am the master of smart titles. Here are some examples for possible posts in the future:
· Still crazy after all those beers
· Back in black… tie
· Waiting for a star to fall [upon you]
· Sex as a weapon [of mass destruction]
· Don’t shoot the piano player – eliminate all band members!
· What I hate about you
· Love me blender
· Every little thing she does is tragic
· Cool as fuck-ed up
· The city never sleeps… alone

Well, ok they’re not all THAT inspired, but… try me if you like. Put a subject on a comment and I reply with three alternative ideas. There is no way you won’t be thrilled at least with one of them.
I had a great time last Friday and then Saturday was an excellent day as well. But when I woke up on Sunday morning, just after two hours of sleep, I knew it would be a terrible day. And it was. I am not referring to the bad weather – I love walking in the rain and being surrounded by all the grey-coloured lights, pictures and moods but I hate working on Sundays, I hate HAVING to do things and I hate seeing projects I once proposed failing miserably. And, late in the evening, things didn’t go any better. Because, all I needed was to get some bloody sleep, whereas I was djing for 20 people, probably the only ones who left their apartments last night to get a drink [make them at least five…]. And that may not sound bad, but… I wanted out!!! Even music couldn’t boost me up. So it was a slow torture up until 02.30. And then I was knackered…
However, there were a couple of hours I really had a good time yesterday, and that was somewhere between 16.30 and 19.30. But it’s kind of strange, you see… because I don’t think I am supposed to do what I did, but I did it anyway and it was nice. It was simple. And I appreciate simple things. Because life should be like that but it’s not – it’s more complicated than my earphone cable when I try to take the disc-man out of my bag. And it’s hard to explain why it was simply nice, if u consider the fact that yesterday Athens resembled to a ghost town. There was nowhere to go, everything was or at least seemed closed and the wind could knock you sideways, quite probably as the best publicity trick for the movie with the same name [btw, go give Sideways a chance. It’s a good film].
And then I was given a ride home and it was very nice because… whenever I don’t drive my own car, usually other cars are all yellow and the drivers ask me for a fee just before I open the door. And it was nice because it was warm and Craig Armstrong was on the cd player and, for a moment, I wanted that ride to last longer. Didn’t feel like talking or doing anything in particular. I just wanted to lay back there, watch the raindrops making tracks on the car window and just be taken somewhere. And if one had asked me, I would have said that Closer might have been my favorite band, but closer is my least favorite distance these days.
May I have a one-way ticket to the Far Away Land please? Business class, non smoking. Thank you

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home