Monday, November 21, 2005

wish u were here


As I am writing down these lines, I find myself in a city that’s not my own. It’s the city my father was born – does this make it my hometown as well? It sure doesn’t feel like one to me… I like it here, though. I like the sea, I like the relaxing vibe out in the streets, I like the fact that everything’s just a walk away from where I am now. Oh, yes… where I am now…

It’s a luxurious room in a five star hotel. From where I am standing right now I cannot see the bathroom – it’s too far in the back corner. In the bathroom, I could easily launch an orgy with one female soccer team, substitutes included. I have my own hi-fi system, an enormous tv set with brand new movies on the menu, a dsl connection, a majestic view and a mini bar so filled it could take the thirst out of the salvation army. Everything’s been paid by someone else and at the wee wee small hours of the morning I sense a quietness that’s not been familiar to me in ages. It’s smoothing and it’s rewarding, if you are willing to stay awake as the night lights fade away…

Tomorrow I will have a ridiculously variable breakfast, I will go to the airport to welcome some interesting people from abroad and, meanwhile, I can see lots of challenging movies. Furthermore, I am already invited in some highly anticipated parties and, to top it all, David Holmes is djing on Friday evening…

So, will I sound too ungrateful, if I say that I’d rather be back home? Or anywhere closer to you, for that matter?...

3 Comments:

Blogger schottkey said...

is this mini bar full? can i have one tequila plz?
sounds like a post written by George Best..

1:27 AM

 
Blogger Hector Drone said...

George Best would be uncoscious right now, after having managed to score with all the aforementioned female team and made sure there was nothing left in the fridge. Needless to say, he would've put a hell of performance the very same night, getting in the scoresheet twice, even though he would have missed the warm up training...

2:27 AM

 
Blogger Junky Nurse said...

oh poor george best. he fell in another coma today, again. they say he wont make it...

have fun there hec, i m sure its good

xx

11:37 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home