Wednesday, June 15, 2005

[holding out for a] HERO



When you try your best but you don’t succeed
When you get what you want but not what you need
When you feel so tired that you can’t sleep
Stuck in reverse

And the tears come streaming down your face
When you lose something you can’t replace
When you love someone but it goes to waste

Could it be worse?
High up above or down below
When you're too in love to let it go
But if you never try, you'll never know
Just what you're worth

I promise you I will learn from the mistakes

LIGHTS WILL GUIDE YOU HOME
AND IGNITE YOUR BONES
AND I WILL TRY TO FIX YOU

[ Coldlpay, "Fix You" - fix it even if it ain't broken, then... :-) ]

Gromit is my new hero [not that I ever had an old one…]. He’s a dog. Of British origins. He never speaks. So, ok, he’s not exactly the perfect companion for a crazy Saturday night, but Saturday night only lasts, erm, one night a week. And Gromit can be excused for that very night… So, yes, I am positive, Gromit is my hero.

But I am yours. Your hero. Your rock star…

6 Comments:

Blogger Rainman said...

Gromit is my hero too!

Isn't he the most amazing character? The loveliest, the smartest, the cutest creature! (fortunately my dog can't read this, otherwise I would be in trouble).

And this is a great song. Mr Martin did his miracle again. Is this your fave track? Mine is track 13(the hidden treasure).
Oops!... I forgot! I'd better not write anything else because I will be soon critised for promoting my company's products.

:-)

1:55 AM

 
Blogger THE NIVA said...

Who the f--- is Gromit? Does everybody know this adorable character but moi? What's the deal here?
Haven't heard Coldplay's album, I suspect it must be decent. However, I suggest 'In The Arms Of God', the new album by Corrosion Of Conformity. It will definitely change your mood (for the better).

3:09 AM

 
Blogger yk said...

you just can't use the words "fuck" and "Gromit" in the same sentence...

3:44 AM

 
Blogger Hector Drone said...

I am a fan of COC, so I was thinking of checking this out, but your suggestion is always welcome Niva. However... who told you I need a change of mood? Gromit says... no way! And, mind you, Gromit hardly ever speaks a word... :-)

4:36 AM

 
Blogger bginley said...

r u my rock star ? pretty funny honey!!! gotta love coldplay...hope all is well mr d

8:07 PM

 
Blogger Hector Drone said...

Hey there Bridge(t) over troubled water [yeah, I know you must get that a lot!!!] :-)

It's good to know you still readi this - I am flattered.

But, no, actually I didn't mean that I am YOUR rock star - I am not THAT massive [yet], hahahaha... Nah, it had a special meaning, but I guess everything's open to any interpretation.

Thanx anyway

Cheers!

10:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home