Friday, September 09, 2005

take that and party



one of the best pop singles of all time and one very good reason why Gary Barlow [who?] deserves our respect… Somehow, I included it in my dj set last night, squeezed between less “cheesy” songs by Psychonauts and Bill Wells Octet… :-)
Everyone cheered up and started singing along. Never underestimate the positive effect of an all time classic tune…


I guess now it's time for me to give up
I feel it's time
Got a picture of you beside me
Got your lipstick mark still on your coffee cup
Got a fist of pure emotion
Got a head of shattered dreams
Gotta leave it, gotta leave it all behind now

Whatever I said, whatever I did I didn't mean it
I just want you back for good
Whenever I'm wrong just tell me the song and I'll sing it
You'll be right and understood

Unaware but underlined I figured out this story
It wasn't good
But in the corner of my mind I celebrated glory
But that was not to be
In the twist of separation you excelled at being free
Can't you find a little room inside for me

Whatever I said, whatever I did I didn't mean it
I just want you back for good
Whenever I'm wrong just tell me the song and I'll sing it
You'll be right and understood

And we'll be together, this time is forever
We'll be fighting and forever we will be
So complete in our love
We will never be uncovered again

Whatever I said, whatever I did I didn't mean it
I just want you back for good
Whenever I'm wrong just tell me the song and I'll sing it
You'll be right and understood

I guess now it's time, that you came back for good

What a song... And mind you, even McAlmont & Butler couldn't outdo the original version...

11 Comments:

Blogger THE NIVA said...

Τώρα αν πω ότι μου αρέσει αυτό, κάτι συκοφάντες σαν τον WCIG θα με περάσουν γενεές 14 οπότε θα πω ότι οι Take That είναι εχθροί του rock, ότι τους μισώ και θέλω να πεθάνουν, ότι τα κομμάτια τους είναι manufactured puss και γενικώς τα χειρότερα...
Αλλά καλύτερο single από boy band δεν έχει βγει ποτέ.

4:25 AM

 
Blogger Hector Drone said...

Όλο το back catalogue του Robbie Williams, του Justin Timberlake και των ομοίων τους δεν έχει καταφέρει να πει αυτό που λέει ακόμα και σήμερα το Back For Good σε τρία λεπτά και κάτι… Είναι τέλειο. Και ο White Car αποκλείεται να διαφωνεί. Δε γίνεται να έχεις αυτιά και να διαφωνείς…

4:46 AM

 
Blogger schottkey said...

OK, at last this blog has taken the road it ought to take a long time ago.

Everything chaaaaaaaaaaaanges but yooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

5:45 AM

 
Blogger CD said...

καραλολ

8:32 AM

 
Blogger Dave said...

spoon?

9:59 PM

 
Blogger Hector Drone said...

I agree with mr. Gilmore - "Try Again" is a perfect r&b single. Your guilty pleasures, Rodeotown are not THAT guilty... Wanna feel guilty [by association]? Try Asia's "Heat Of The Moment", Loverboy;s "Lovin' Every Minute Of It", Shifty's "Starry-Eyed Surprise", Journey's "Anyway You Want It", Outfield's "Your Love", Right Said Fred's "Deeply Dippy", Ronan Keating's "Life Is A Rollercoaster" and all of Mariah Carey's singles...

12:15 AM

 
Blogger Hector Drone said...

Oh, and INXS were a great band [ok, let's pretend they don't seek a Michael Hutchence lookalike on reality tv shows].

3:24 AM

 
Blogger Junky Nurse said...

i saw the cute one from take that in soho one day he looked really fuckable and young. what was his name? you know the indie looking one, kind of short for me but still fuckable. what was his name... 'back for good' is a great love song. I'd never believe that i 'd say such a thing ten years ago. i was such an indie fascist. but it is

3:30 AM

 
Blogger Hector Drone said...

mark owen? is he supposed to be cute? Good God....

4:04 AM

 
Blogger Hector Drone said...

hahahahaha.
funny thing is he actually tried to make it indie... He had an all star alternative band [I think Craig Leon was producing, Dave Gregory from XTC was on gtr duties etc] but... take a wild guess... the world wouldn't listen...
Who said that the pop world is always unfair?

5:46 AM

 
Blogger Hector Drone said...

yeah DrUDE, u r right. John Leckie of Radiohead/Stone Roses fame was pressing the buttons...
But, hey, any comment is welcome here - how about renewing your own blog, though? It's been three months now...

6:03 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home