Thursday, March 10, 2005

married to the mob-ile

It’s been a month since I decided not to have a cell phone any more. I made my announcements to my boss. She said “no fucking way”. I smiled. It was my way of saying “just watch me”. I still got it

Then I told my mom and dad. They seem to understand.
I told the stars above about the one I love
I told the passers by, I made a small boy cry
I told the morning sun, yeah I'm telling everyone
I told all of my friends again and again and again
I drove them round the bend so now you're my only friend
And I'll get through to you if it's the last thing that I do…

Oops. Wrong lyric sample. Sorry Neil!!!

Yes… as I was saying… the day before yesterday, I forgot my cell phone home. I didn’t do it on purpose. But it felt nice. And I had a good day. Did excellent at work, went to a studio to edit some TV & radio spots, met up with a friend, went to the movies and then all the way to the port to watch Barcelona – Celtic with my best man. And all that without a cell phone…
Yesterday, I forgot to forget it again. And it was hell. Because everyone was calling to say “At last! You answered that bloody thing! I’ve been trying to reach you and it was impossible. What the fuck did you do?” etc.
So, today… I was lucky. I put my cell phone to bed last night because I used it as an alarm clock as I had an early start. Guess what? It’s still resting on my pillow.
And here I ma… Mob-less, cool, calm, relaxed and happy happy happy.
I am going to shut it down once and for all. If someone really wants to find me, they will. If they don’t, then I guess they don’t deserve me, right?
I reckon I will miss the sms’s, though. I was kind of addicted. You could say I like to write. A lot. But then again, you are here… so u already know that… :-)

5 Comments:

Blogger Hector Drone said...

Where were u last night Chili? Everyone else was there.... :-(

12:05 AM

 
Blogger Hector Drone said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:06 AM

 
Blogger Hector Drone said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:09 AM

 
Blogger Hector Drone said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:20 AM

 
Blogger Dave said...

looks like you pushed the comment button a couple of times in frustration...

ive been there :)

3:40 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home