Wednesday, March 09, 2005

quand vous mourez de nos amours

Nancy just got back from Hammersmith! She brought lots of valuable stuff, but what she gave me is priceless: Rufus Wainwright's got a new album. It's called "Want Two", as it's the follow-up to, erm, "Want One"!!! But, on top of all that, Nancy managed to spot down a limited version of the album - it includes two bonus tracks not on the normal release plus a bonus dvd, containing a stunning full-length performance filmed at the historic Fillmore East. You know, the notorious Frisco venue.
Anyhoo, I don't know what I should have done to express my gratitude. Hugs & kisses, tears in my eyes, promising glances, what? Well, at the moment, I am listening to the album and I am in awe!!! This guy's amazing. He composes catchy tunes, writes touching lyrics, supervises opulent arrangements [Van Dyke Parks is one of a kind], trusts an imaginative producer [Marius De Vries] and dresses like a woman for the cover... but anyway... :-)
Q magazine wrote that "this record is brave, bold and deserves attention".
TimeOut London wrote that "Rufus is the prince of emotive pop".
I'd say that "Want Two" is the album of the year [so far]. And I am still on track # 3!!!

I met with Hardcore Arena yesterday [aka Kingdancer]. He's a new man. Reborn. Free. So he says, and I take his word for granted. We had a cup of tea, like real Brits. Only Brits we are not. Pricks more like it... :-)
And there were two girls as well in our company and we had a talk about going after what you want and stop living your life by imagining things and considering possible casualties and never attempting to claim your rights over something/someone etc etc. And I have thought so much about all that, I almost feel I am an expert. Which I am not.
All I know is what works best for me. If I want something, I go get it. I am a go-getter guy. Yup, u could say that. If I need something, I ask for it. If I miss something I reach out and touch it. If you are getting on my nerves... you don't have to worry about it - you already know it 'cause i will show it to you, no matter who you are. That's the way I am. And I respect that quality to others as well. I know people who dislike me but don't bother pretending they do not. I don't like them as well but I respect them for that. And I admire all people who can really express the way they feel. I think it's wonderful to be able to look straight into somebody's eyes and say "You are the one that I want" or "You make me feel alive" or "I'm lost without you" or "I hate your guts" or "Can I borrow your bike?" or whatever. That doesn't mean that you have to be head over heels in love in order to come straight. It's just that only strong feelings can inspire transgressions. That's why, some people, usually women, tend to exaggerate with words and decisions. Because they know they don't feel the way they would like to feel; the way the have seen in the movies. So they say "u are the light of my life" and stuff, whereas they should just be sincere and say "would u like to go to bed with me?" or "please don't leave me this way - at least not tonight..."
Anyhoo, enough talking. My point is that there are million ways to do whatever. Problem is, sometimes, it really seems there's only one way to win. So... question is... "how bad do you want this to happen?". If that's the case, it's kind of tragic. Pathetic. Because that would practically mean the only problem is... people don't really desire anything. They want many things but they're not passionate about them. There's no lust. No risk. No life altering impulses. No point zero's...
Now that's my definition of hell. Cause that's something I honestly detest. Don't u wanna be adored? When the lights go out and the crowd doesn't scream out for more... don't u STILL want to be adored and explored?
So... Kingdancer, u got it right after all. But, do yourself a favour. Eject that Postal Service cd. And listen to Kingmaker's "You and I will never see things eye to eye". Never mind the lyrics. It's the passion that will set you alight. And then you will be ready to roll... Like a true champ...

2 Comments:

Blogger DanaiShips said...

You realise of course that I want 2 Rufus new CD! It would be the "light of my life"...
P.S. Are there really women that say things like that? Now, that is camp! ;-)

1:43 AM

 
Blogger Hector Drone said...

Well, you can find the new album [single disc edition in the shops]. I contacted Universal Music Greece and they told me they're waiting for the dvd version to be shipped tomorrow, but I wouldn't count on that and i'd go for the single disc edition, while it is still available. Unless you have a "Nancy" [not a boy, I hope] as well...

1:52 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home