Thursday, January 27, 2005

don't rain on my parade

Have you ever had the morning feeling that the day ahead of you will be horrible? Do you ever find yourself in the miserable place to realize and accept that, no matter what you do, it’s just not your day, simple as that? Have you heard a friend recalling the worst experience of his/her life, when the only not unpleasant memory was the time he slammed the door to start his/her soon-to-fall-down-day? Do you get yourself that kind of days often?
Well, I just had a day... far from that. I had a good day. And, at least today, my good day [so far] consists of…
· One professional success! Actually I fixed a terrible mistake I did yesterday but it’s funny – when you make up for a mistake, you feel like you have succeed something. It’s not fair, I know, but that’s how it is… :-)
· A great spinach pie for breakfast.
· My friend V. calling up and ask to meet for a lunch break. “We don’t do lunch break in Greece, silly, remember? Or did it take you one year abroad to forget all about the Greek way of life?”, I replied. “Ok, what about a walk in the city center?”, she re-proposed. I accepted, and spent one hour out of the office…
· A birthday present [I bought for my dad].
· Some new cd’s sent to me by Sony Music Greece. I know it’s a guilty pleasure, but I got the new Duran Duran album as well!!!
· Four excellent mails from three friends. One of them was hilarious! Thank you for the laughter, Joanne…
· One [more] professional success. Actually, that’s a fraud as well, as I have secured that almost a month ago, but it was just published today, so… there is no law against celebrating your victories, is it?
· A goody bag full of dvd’s and movie gadgets, COLLATERAL & SCHOOL OF ROCK included.
· Less business phone calls than any other day since I have started working here
· A personal thank-you letter from Ray Charles himself congratulating me, for my publicity work on RAY [jj]
· Two funny posts from my friend mighty John on footballholic.blogspot.com
· It was payday!

Well… what more do you want? I’m an easy-going kind of fellow myself…

5 Comments:

Blogger Hector Drone said...

Tighten up your imagination buddy. The movie was considered to be a chlidren movie abroad, so all gadgets are pencils, erasers, pencil-cases ans rulers... Makes you wish you had to go to school on Monday!

12:52 AM

 
Blogger DanaiShips said...

Hem,hem. Well, you do seem like an easily satisfied fellow! As a matter of fact, in our company we do have launch breaks (as well as breakfast breaks, coffee breaks, cigarette breaks, dinner breaks and a final break to go to the account's department and receive our compensationary note). Nevertheless, I prefer this point of view you give us today. Far more optimistic...
P.S. I suppose in a way, we all know eachother...(no, you don't!)

2:56 AM

 
Blogger Hector Drone said...

Wow!!! LAUNCH breaks! That's original, to say the least. What are you firing up? Rockets or something? :-)
Furthermore, how do you know I don't know you, when you don't know who I am?...

7:23 AM

 
Blogger DanaiShips said...

Very funny.It's very cruel of you to make fun out of a fellow human being like that, JUST BECAUSE I MADE A SPELLING MISTAKE! Honestly man, haven't you ever heard of Bost? He made a fortune out of spelling mistakes...
P.S That is an interesting point of view. If you put it this way we may even be friends, or enemies or...(or not. I think you've watched the "You've got mail" thinnie more times than me). Buy-Buy (I refuse to correct it!)

7:48 AM

 
Blogger l'esprit de l'escalier said...

So full of yourself.

7:19 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home