Wednesday, January 26, 2005

red eyes and tears

no more tears no more tears no more…Well, that was about it actually. Black Rebel Motorcycle Club’s glorious career can easily be summed up in these twelve words. And then they ditched the b/w image for a black/black pose and… take a wild guess: a black hole surrounded them and… gone are the days…
But, I mean… who cares? I only cared whenever I listened to that particular song. Some people cared because they thought BRMC were the new Jesus & Mary Chain. Like this would be an apocalypse or something…
Anyhoo, don’t know what I bother with them, as there are million other almost one hit wonders whom I prefer and could write many pages about. I guess I just like the words. Not the lyrics – the words. Some songs get the singer to use words that sound nonsense… but charming as the devil himself! For example, it’s been thirty years since Bohemian Rhapsody came out and I think that no one has ever found out what “bismilah” meant. :-) But anyone will sign along if the song’s on the radio… Not to mention Italian songs, that used to be extremely popular in Greece back in the late ‘60s, but few could speak the language, so you can imagine what kind of mistakes were made back then… Then again, how many Greeks do actually understand what’s being said in an Eminem track. Ok, it’s easy to say “Yo!” and “Lose Yourself” but… try to rap like this blonde guy and you will be arrested immediately by the rhyme police…
Yee-ha, I just remembered another unforgettable lyric, by Fish, this bald and tall Scotchman… Silly though as it may sound, it was the second biggest hit by Marillion, so that’s a proof that you don’t have to mean a thing if u just got the swing… Or sth like that…
“Lavenders blue, dilly dilly, lavenders green
When I am king, dilly dilly
You will be queen
A penny for your thoughts my dear
A penny for your thoughts my dear
I.o.u. for your love
I.o.u. for your love”
Amazing, huh? Hehehehe….
Finally, do you really think you can relate to what Bernard Sumner has to say in New Order songs? Well, if you are quite positive… think again, as the man himself has admitted that he took drugs just to write down words with no apparent meaning whatsoever… Unless of course you are under the influence as well…
Turn the page now…
I think I am starting to impersonalise the infamous Karoshi syndrome. Have u read about that? I think it’s huge in Japan, where people are so much addicted to work, that they start to get depressed whenever they have some spare time for themselves… I mean, here I am, 21.23, still @ work but for no special reason. I can leave actually. I can go out. I can make some phone calls. I can go home. But I do none of the above. And it’s not the blog that keeps me here. It’s the feeling that, in a way, there is no use trying to have fun within such a short period of time. I have to be at the same office in 13 hours, so it’s pointless, isn’t it? Walking back home, taking a shower, listening to some music, grabbing sth to eat, making plans for the night, going out, drinking some vodka, talking & laughing, listening to other people’s stories and feeling dizzy, getting back home, falling asleep, waking up, walking down again… Phew!!! Not exactly what you could call “promising”, right?
And as I am waiting for V. to ring me up, I begin to wonder whether she has forgotten all about our downtown meeting, but funny thing is by the time I wake up tomorrow, she will be sending sms pointing out that I am always off, never in the mood for hanging out etc.
Last but not least, I want to show off a bit, so I will mention another syndrome as well. It’s called Hikikomori, it’s taking Japan by storm [but what is it with the land of the rising sun and all this psycho-jumbo stuff?] and it has to do with teenagers deciding they want to get an early retirement from society. So they enter their room one day, and decide to stay there from 3 to 18 months… What a way to spend your youth!!! Then again, birth-school-work-death doesn’t sound so exciting either. So much for my pension plans…
[dilly dilly]

1 Comments:

Blogger DanaiShips said...

Yeah, birth-school-work-death doesn't seem a lot of excitement to be honest. But...but..but...Have you noticed that there is a little dash between birth, school, work and death (I don't know if you skipped out "marriage" in purpose). And it's all about what we are doing with that miniscule dash...
I will pretend to be a wise ass no longer. Faire well
P.S. No, this is not a spelling mistake. It' faire from French, "to do something" (or something like that). Absolutely bye-bye now.

6:50 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home